Be an Ambassador and get involved - BIG time!
The Berkeley Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are members of the Chamber and the business community who believe in promoting the Chamber of Commerce by way of encouraging membership and participation in Chamber activities.
Our Ambassadors provide a communication link between Chamber members, other Chamber committees and staff, by way of promoting:
- Membership Benefits & resources.
- Fostering participation in Chamber activities.
- Improved Chamber retention.
- Acquisition of new members.
- Assist in broadening chamber image in the community.
Ambassadors are asked to assist and/or participate in the following:
- Attend monthly Ambassador meetings as scheduled.
- Call on new members.
- Assist with new member orientations.
- Attend & assist Chamber sponsored activities (mixers, luncheons, and dinners).
Chamber members have found that involvement in the Chamber benefits both their business and the Chamber.
- Build stronger business associations and professional friendships.
- Increase awareness of your business in the Berkeley community.
- Attend functions as a representative of the Chamber.
- Network with business & civic groups that will enhance your personal and professional development.
A strong team of Ambassadors needs to be committed to the causes and programs created by the Chamber. We ask for the following commitments:
- Be an active participant for 1 year.
- Provide positive support and encouragement to colleagues.
- Contribute ideas to the improvement and enhancement of Chamber activities.
- Be able to dedicate approximately 5 hours a month to Ambassador Activities.
- Participate in at least 50% of Chamber/ambassadors sponsored activities per year.
- Have an interest in meeting new people.
- Have fun!
If you have the time, energy, and commitment to be an Ambassador, and want to be a contributing part of the Berkeley business community, the Chamber wants you. Please call the Chamber at 510-549-7000
When & Where
The Ambassadors meet the 1st Wednesday of every month from 8:30am - 9:30am at the Rose Garden Inn. A complimentary breakfast is included with the meeting.
Richard Hom (Ambassador Chairman)
Kelli Black (Ambassador Chairman)
Fidelity Insurance Services
510-548-8200 ext. 303
Skates on The Bay
Telegraph Avenue Business Improvement Dist.